Nicole is a well-rounded physiotherapist who has worked in several outpatient clinics, including two in the Vancouver area. Her special areas of interest include concussion, vestibular, and pelvic health therapy. Additionally, she has treated several competitive athletes over the span of her career; she most commonly treats soccer and hockey players.
Nicole is a very collaborative physiotherapist. She strongly believe in integrated care which is a good reason why she joined Pillars of Wellness as a one-stop health solution.
Common conditions she has treated are:
- Chronic neck and low back pain
- Shoulder pain/tears
- Vertigo (and other vestibular impairments)
- Sport-related injuries
- Hip and knee replacement surgery post-op rehabilitation
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
Prior to her West Coast travels, Nicole worked at two orthopaedic clinics in Ontario, where she began her pelvic health practice. She also received referrals from a neurologist in her building to treat a variety of vestibular conditions, including vertigo and chronic dizziness.
As a physiotherapist, her treatment style is very person-specific. She understands that people are not defined by their condition; therefore, be prepared for someone who is willing to take the time to get to know you and what treatment will work best for you! She also believes in an integrated approach to treatment. She understands that several factors can influence healing, such as diet and mental health, and will guide you to the appropriate practitioner when needed.
In her free time, Nicole is an avid soccer player who loves to spend time outdoors hiking, kayaking and cycling. She also plays ice hockey, basketball, practices yoga, and most recently has taken up kickboxing and rock climbing.
- Male and Female Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Pain through Pelvic Health Solutions (Levels I-III)
- Bernard Tonks Vestibular Rehabilitation Courses (Intro and Advanced Training)
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominus and Low Back Pain
- Soft Tissue Release (Jim Bilotta)
- Concussion Management Level I (Shannon McGuire)
- Manual Therapy Level I
- Dry Needling through Acupuncture Canada Level I
- Previously a Certified Personal Trainer for special populations as well as seniors Education
Master’s in Physical Therapy (MPT) – Western University
Honours Specialization in Kinesiology (B.A. Kin) – Western University